My Light is a Piece of Yours

 


My Light is a Piece of Yours

by JessicaRae



Vincent's musings upon the passing of Father...


Our lives moved in tandem as the parts of a loom.

Ever weaving, ever winding, until there is no way to divide them.

When there was a need for a word of encouragement, you were there.

You and I were best of friends.

You walked a simple, quiet path, and called others to the same.

You gave of all you had and more, to bless people.

When someone needed a hand you were the first one to offer.

Ever gentle, but ever wise.

The world overlooked the glory of having you in it's time.

You were unaware of its loss, as you thought you were not much anyway.

Oh how wrong one can be when left to their own thoughts.

You were a strong pillar to us.

There, present, when the candle of your life was darkened, I wept.

Not for you, for you were resting, but for me, for I was lost.

Without that guiding hand, that light that was within you.

How will I find my way from here?

When once my broken heart stilled, and I saw your peaceful face.

Though beyond a curtain living past my view.

I felt you beckon to me with your gentle precious hands, and I knew...

"Be the light I was for others."

Farewell, gentle soul, that taught me how to care for others,

And showed me how to give and never take.

Wait for me beyond the shadow, for one day I will arrive,

And you will be my father yet again.

I won't see you anymore while I wander in these twisting tunnels here.

The darkness and turns will be mine to discover and explore.

Within I will possess the light that you showed me how to carry,

For it is a piece of yours.



Photo courtesy of Google search